4.14.2011

You make all things work together for my good...

Today was one of those "makes your heart feel warm and fuzzy" kind of days here on The Hill.  The skies were a perfect shade of the blue, the sun was shining, flowers were budding, the quad was full of "layer-outers" (definitely not a word), everyone was wearing their flip flops, and best of all I didn't have classes! It has been such a wonderful and blessed day that I just have to share it with you as I reflect on how good God is and how perfect His plan is for our lives!

Since I didn't have classes I woke up around 7 to get some reading done before I met my wonderful friend Allie for breakfast at 9. Even though we went to the dinning hall, it was so much fun because I usually grab a quick breakfast in my room before class. Both Allie and I share a strong love for eating so we get especially excited over the cherry pastries they were serving!  This just made my day because 1) pastries are my favorite snack and 2) they tasted just like the cherry turnovers from Arby's I always ate when I was little! I had such a great time catching up with Allie on her week. She is one of the sweetest and most genuine people I have ever met. I can always see a glimpse of God's gentleness when I spend time with her!


After spending some time figuring at what classes I will be taking at Wake Tech this summer, I got to have lunch with two very special people, Shea and Jonathan! I hadn't seen either one of them much this week so it was a lot of fun to catch up and laugh with them.  After spending some time laughing, we got into a conversation about how much God has shown us since coming to college.  During  the conversation we began to talk about how mind blowing it is that when Jesus died on the cross for us, His separation from God was much more painful than the physical pain of crucifixion.  I am so thankful for the time we got to spend together and talk about our Savior!

As we were coming down the escalator from the dining hall my day got even better when some people handed us FREE sunglasses...even better, I got a PINK pair! (future college students: be prepared to get lots of free stuff!) As if the free fiasco couldn't get any better, we realized there was FREE tie-dying in the pit! I got so excited because believe it or not I have never tie-dyed a shirt before today.  It was much fun but unfortunately my hands are now stained with you guessed it, PINK! Morgan and I tried to wash it out but unfortunately unsuccessful but we have heard Windex works so I may try that later..hmmm.

After all that excitement I was hit with the sad reality that I should work on homework.  As sad as this was, I studied on the rocking-chairs (thanks Allie for telling me about them :) outside of the student stores.  Soon after, Shea joined me and we had such a wonderful time rocking, talking, and enjoying the beautiful day!  Shea's love and passion for the Lord is so so evident and I am always encouraged by spending time with someone who loves God so much!

After going to my recitation, I met up with the amazing Morgan for a quick work out. We had so much fun laughing, talking, and catching up. Let me tell you, that girl is a soccer champ and she is in shape! I am so thankful that God gave me the opportunity to spend that time with her. She is truly one of the most beautiful people on the inside and out that I have ever met!

As I was sat and enjoyed the beautiful day on the rocking chairs with Shea, I couldn't help but think about all the things God has done in the past year to lead me to a four year (hopefully ;) life at Carolina.  I remember just a little over a year ago when I was so scared that I would make the wrong decision about where I would go to school in fear of going against His will. (ooo..He has always shown me so much about His will and I want to share that with you sometime too!)  I have told many people that I have never been so sure that I was where God wanted me to be.  Sure a beautiful Spring day at Carolina helps, but it is the people and circumstances He has blessed me with that give me this peace.  While I still currently majoring in "undecided" and I often worry about my future, I know that I shouldn't.  God loves me like a father loves His child and He knows what is best for me..He's got this!  More than ever before, I have found my security in this verse:

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
Jeremiah 29:11

I hope  the Lord has blessed you with a "son-y" day as well!

1 comment:

  1. You my dear are an amazing writer!! I think you just made it clear what your major should be:)) I love you!! Mama

    ReplyDelete