4.23.2011

birthdays and picnics...oh my!

I have enjoyed being home for the past couple of days so much that I honestly don't want to go back to school tomorrow! The past couple of days have reminded me of summer time which will make it even hard to go back and gear up for exams...knowing I will be done in two weeks is motivating, however. :)

Yesterday, I went to Smithfield to celebrate with my friend Mallory, her family, and our friend Shea for Mal's birthday! I love being around her family. They are such sweet, funny, and kind people...just like Mallory. They fixed an amazing dinner of salad, pasta, fruit and party rolls (props to Mal :).  For dessert, the birthday girl herself baked a pound cake with brown sugar butter cream icing...it was amazing! After dinner, Mallory's sweet friend from high school Elizabeth came over and we all had so much fun looking at their old photos from elementary, middle, and high school.  It was so much fun to look back into Mallory's life before I knew her! Even though I didn't know her during those times, I feel like I have known her ( and all the other friends God has blessed me with at Carolina) all of my life and I am so grateful for her friendship...Happy Birfffday, Mal!


Shea, Mal (Birthday Girl!), Me, and Mal's Sister, Copeland

Tonight, Jocelyn and I were going to meet Mallory and some other people to watch one of our friends play in his band but it got canceled so me and Jocelyn went on a little adventure! While we were driving through Fuquay we saw these little costume characters advertising for something, but I don't really know what haha. Jocelyn said, "let's stop and take a picture!" Because you never see stuff like this in Fuquay,  we turned around, parked the car and got a couple of pictures.  It was so random we just had to stop...it was like DisneyWorld had come to Fuquay, but not really...



Just like Disney World!..uh-huh..

Since it was such a beautiful day, we knew we wanted to eat dinner somewhere outside. We contemplated going to eat somewhere on Gleenwood but came up with a better idea...a picnic! Because no picnic is complete without a red and white checked table cloth and picnic basket, we did some searching at Wal-Mart and bought one of each! We decided this investment was well-worth it because we hope to have many picnics with our friends in the future. :) We made our way to Char-Grill to order our picnic fixins...steak juniors, french fries, and Dr.Peppers/Pepsis..yum! After we put all of our food in the basket we headed towards what Jocelyn said was the perfect picnic spot, Lake Johnson.  Well, when we got there it was starting to get a little dark, we couldn't find a good picnic spot, and we felt quite out of place and fat because everyone was either hiking or running and we were toting our cheesburgers!  We then decided our next best option was the WRAL Azalea Gardens..perfect, I had been wanting to go here all spring!  Well once we got there it really was starting to get dark so we were forced to have our picnic under an area light! haha I have to say I have never had a picnic when it was dark out but somehow we managed and it was quite hilarious!


 Char-Grill Picnic!





Like I said, between the Cupcake Bite with Olivia, seeing my family, Mallory's birthday, and the picnic with Jocelyn, I have to remind myself that it's not quite summer yet! I am so thankful for the time I have been able to spend with all of my sweet friends and family and I especially look forward to celebrating our Risen Lord with my family tomorrow! There will be a a Sunrise Easter Service at the cross at 6:30. (all are welcome!)I am so excited because I have never been to a sunrise service and I think it will be very special! After that, we will eat breakfast and go to Wake Chapel's Easter service. I haven't been to my home church in about six weeks so it will be so nice to see everyone! After church we will go to Meme's for a delecious lunch (which I have heard will included twice baked potatoes...yay!) and hopefully the traditional Easter egg hunt! Between the blessings of worship, wonderful family, and good food, my prayer is that my thoughts would constantly be directed on the Savior and the sacrifice He made so that I may live. I can't even comprehend the pain and suffering He endured so that I could live in fellowship and love with His father. I pray that God would show me each day how stained I am and how perfect He is. Happy Easter everyone, "Because He lives, I can face tomorrow!"



On a side note... one of my favorite songs..Click here to listen!

No comments:

Post a Comment