4.21.2011

Good Eatin'!

I don't have much time to blog but I wanted to share a couple of quick things about my day...

1) Mama and I went to Dunn today to take supplies to Tornado victims. (After getting a little lost and ending up on Jackson St instead of Jackson rode..haha) There is a community center set up on a road right behind the Brass Lantern steak house taking donations.  The American Red Cross has also set up a shelter in this same location.  The man who helped us unpack the car stressed the need for paper products, non-perishable food items, sheets, pillows, blankets, etc.  Fortunately they have had a surplus of donated clothing and do not need anymore for the time being.  After we left the community center, Mama and I crossed the bridge over 95 to be stunned by the damage.  We saw a mobile home park that looked like it had been bull dozed, uprooted tress everywhere, and trash carts that had been strewn in a ditch probably a mile or two from the houses they belonged to.  We were both speechless. Please continue to pray for these families!


2) For lunch, Mama took me to a neat little place called Broad Street Deli. I had never been there before and it was such a treat! It has a really quaint atmosphere and I hope to go back very soon. My lunch was amazing...summer salad with cranberries, apples, feta, chicken, pecans, and poppy-seed dressing...YUM! It was also so much fun to go on a lunch date with my beautiful Mama!

Broad Street Deli...Try it, you'll love it!

3)  I got to spend a couple of fun hours with Olivia this afternoon! We went to the new Cupcake Bite in Fuquay! You have to check this places out if you have never been... This is only the second or third time I have been there but I do believe the place gets yummier and cuter every time I go. Olivia's cupcake was sort of like a chocolate chip muffin with brown sugar butter cream and mine was a strawberry cake with butter cream and graham cracker crust on top...amazing! Having tired the cupcakes at Sugarland in Chapel Hill, The Cupcake Shoppe in Raleigh and here, I  think Cupcake Bite gets my vote! (Mallory, I know you're shocked!) I am not a fan of very rich desserts and their cupcakes are light and delicious. It was so much fun to catch up with Olivia! 
 How cute is this place?!

 Our cupcakes!


4) I must say, I really did some good eating today! Granny-Bird cooked supper for all of the family tonight and although I love the mystery meat in Lenoir, it was pretty amazing. ;) We had salad, roast, chicken pastry, black eyed peas, baked cinnamon apples, biscuits and strawberry pie for dessert...all my favorites! It was honestly one of the best meals I have had in a very long time.  While the food was amazing, It was so exciting to get to be with all of my mom's side of the family for the first time in over a month...I am so thankful for all of them!



Here's my favorite verse from a devotion I did today! I feel like verse 7 is so popular that verse 6 is often forgotten. I hope to apply both to my life!

"Humble yourselves, therefore, under God’s mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time.  Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you." -- 1 Peter 5:6-7

No comments:

Post a Comment