4.27.2011

Easter!

I have done such a poor job of keeping up with this over the past few days. As soon as I got back to school on Sunday night, end of the semester stressed kicked in full force! I had such a wonderful Easter Break, especially Easter Sunday, that I was not ready to come back to Chapel-Hill and face exams!

Sunday was such beautiful day to spend time with family and celebrate the Risen Lord! The sunrise service at the cross was the perfect way to start the day. My Uncle gave his testimony and it was such a wonderful and sweet reminder that God has every season planned in our life for a specific reason! After the service we came home to see what the Easter Bunny had brought and Daddy cooked the same Sunday breakfast we have had every Sunday morning since I was a little girl: cinnamon rolls...yum! After a beautiful Easter cantata at church , we went to Meme's for one of the best Sunday lunches I have ever had! The homemade twice baked potatoes were definitely the highlight of my meal. :) Even though all of the grandchildren that were there are "too old" for Easter egg hunts, we still had one and I was oh so excited! As much fun as it was, some things never change and Ben (of course!) got wayyyy more eggs than me....


Unfortunately we weren't able to get our traditional family Easter picture in the front yard but we were able to get a couple of family pictures!
 Can't believe how grown my "little" sister is!

I hope everyone had a wonderful Easter with their families and that we would hold the beauty of the risen Savior close to our hearts all year long!

PS- Wanted to share a verse with you that I read this morning! It has reminded me today that I should never have doubt about anything because God's power and willingness is far greater than I could ever comprehend!

"But when you ask, you must believe and not doubt, because the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind"
James 1:6

Happy Wednesday everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment