4.19.2011

Baseball and a "Bible Study" :)

Today was the first time I have ever been to a Carolina baseball game!  Even though I don't know much about baseball, it was so much fun to just sit in the sun talking to Morgan, her brother Drew, Daniela and Taylor. I definitely hope to go to more games next year!




After the game, I had such a fun "Bible study" with my Bible Study.  :) Somehow we all got to talking about a bunch of different things and before we knew it we had been laughing and watching YouTube videos for an hour and a half!  While we didn't get to our study in James, it was wonderful to be able to unwind from our busy schedules and fellowship with each other! Here is one of the videos we watched, courtesy of Lauren, while we were together...it's so cute! Watch This!

After Bible study I went to what's called Tuesday Nigh Worship.  Let me just set the scene...when you walk into TNW at Chapel of the Cross, the lights are dimmed.  We are led in acoustic worship songs.  You can sit, stand, sing, be silent, pray...whatever you choose...it's awesome....a place to just talk to God and worship Him freely!  As we sang "Blessed be the Name," one verse really stood out to me...

"You give and take away, you give and take away...my heart will choose to say, Lord blessed be your name."


While this has always been my favorite part of the song, I was especially encouraged by it tonight.  While it is sometimes frustrating to have things taken and withheld, I received a peace from the knowledge that God always does these things because He is always looking out for my best interest and sees the bigger picture! Then I realized, what has God really taken or withheld for me if He took on my sin and gave His life for the many many things I would do wrong?! Because he has shown me  the greatest definition of love, anything I "lose" I really should consider gain!

"Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends."-- John 13:15

"What is more, I consider everything a loss compared to the surpassing greatness of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whose sake I have lost all things. I consider them rubbish, that I may gain Christ" --Philippians 3:8



PS- I have been listening to this song all week! It's such a great reminder of God's unfailing love! Check it out: "Your Love Never Fails"

No comments:

Post a Comment