4.18.2011

I may be more suprised than you are...

Why yes, I am at Duke!

 Although my family may disown me, I stepped foot on  Duke University for the first time in my life! (I may be more suprised than you are :) Because it was one of the last times this semester my discipleship leader and I would meet, she was so so sweet to surprise me with a trip to the Duke Gardens. I do believe this is my new favorite place... I have never seen such beautiful gardens! The tulips were my favorite!
Photo credit goes to the beautiful Grace. (I had my camera but of course forgot the memory card!)

After we spent some time walking around in the gardens, Grace and I decided to explore the campus.  I was so surprised by how different their campus was.   All of the buildings were very Gothic and even the students looked different! It really is a neat campus, I felt like I was in a little European village!  One of my favorite parts of the day was getting to go inside the famous Duke Chapel.  The architecture and structure was so beautiful that Grace and I contemplated booking our weddings their until we remembered we were Carolina Girls! (How could we forget?!)
Never thought I would have this picture!

I had such a fun afternoon treading new ground and spending time with Grace! As we were making our way back to the car (and possibly got just a little bit lost ;), I couldn't help but tell her the influence she has had on my relationship with the Lord.  All of the time, love, prayers, and wisdom she has shown me over the past semester has been a walking example of what it means to have sweet fellowship with Jesus.  I told her that she has been a big part of something my spiritual life has been needing for a long time coming. God has used Grace to give me a stronger love and desire for Him... I am so grateful!  Because Grace has always been so open and honest with me, I have always felt like I can tell her exactly what's going on without trying to pretend my relationship with the Lord is "just dandy" like I have wrongfully done many times in the past.  Being honest with her has allowed me to become more honest with myself and therefore I have come to realize God really takes me as I am and I don't have to pretend that everything's going perfect...besides, He knows anyways!

Because this discipleship has brought me closer to the Lord and blessed me with such a special friendship with Grace, I definitely encourage accountability/discipleship relationship with those who are older and wiser in the Lord! I am so grateful that God is using this friendship to show me who I am in Him and who I need to become in Him!
Meet the lovely Grace!
"I thank my God every time I remember you."-- Philippians 4:3

No comments:

Post a Comment