6.01.2012

Happy Friday!

Happy Friday friends!


Like I mentioned the other night, my orientation that was supposed to be yesterday but was switched to Monday so some of us had a free day yesterday and headed to Folly Beach to spend time with and get to know one another better. I was so excited to go here because it brought back so many childhood memories...my favorite being when my uncle John bought me a pink hermit crab there when I was five that I named Folly. :)


I am so thankful for the way the scheduling worked out because I think having time to hang out with a lot of the students yesterday gave me the chance to get to know them so much better in a short period of time! I was talking to one of the girls about how it was hard to believe that we had only known each other for less than 48 hours at the time. It was so encouraging to hang out and just hear how God is working in all of our lives, while getting to know everyone's sweet different personalities!


After the beach, we came back and showered to go to one of our weekly project dinners. It was held in the fellowship of the church I will be attending downtown, Redeemer Presbyterian Church. A very sweet lady named Mrs. Yvette prepared us a home cooked meal which included two of my favorite things, mac-n-chesse and Funfetti cupcakes! :)


Once dinner was over we returned back to the hotel where we were split into our ministry groups for  the summer.  I will be a part of the Community team, in which we will planning weekly socials held on Saturday nights.  We really want to build an environment on project in which we are not only sharing the love of Christ with the people we meet while we are at work and such, but we also want to just love and build each other up within the group of students and staff here on project! I am looking forward to learning from this role as I will be apart of the Community team when I returned to school in August.


As for today, I woke up and had a devotion at a beautiful spot outside the hotel and then worked out with some friends. Later I am hoping to maybe head downtown for lunch and then I am going to run some errands with a friend named Lauren.  I am so excited to have met her for so many reasons. Yesterday she shared her story with me of how she came to know Christ and it was such a great reminder of how much God has sought us out and loves us! She is also from Michigan which makes for funny conversations as I "make fun" of her northern accent and she makes fun of my southern one. I feel like I could write an entire blog contrasting all of the different southern and northern lingo...fun stuff! :)


Hope everyone is doing well and has a great weekend! I can't wait to get into the full swing of things next week and share with you about my job!

No comments:

Post a Comment