11.07.2012

Contentment

Hey friends! Hope this finds you doing well. I have decided that I will probably never be a consistent blogger as many times I have tried to be! I did however, want to share with y'all some verses that the Lord has been using in my life and I hope will be really encouraging to you.

I am currently going through a book/study called "Call My Anxious Heart." Labeled as "a woman's guide to finding contentment," this book talks about the things we look to fulfillment for that always let us down, offering a remedy, the contentment that we can find in Christ. I know I look for contentment in things other than Jesus every single day and I am  so thankful for how the Lord is using this book to remind me and show me the true contentment that can be found in Him no matter where we find ourselves!

Just wanted to share the verses and an exert from the first week...it is my prayer that we would allow Jesus to "fill us up" more and more!

11 I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. 12 I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry,whether living in plenty or in want. 13 I can do all this through him who gives me strength. (Philippians 4:11-13)

"A look at Paul's life reveals how amazing these verses are.  His life was full of anything but positive circumstances.  He wrote them while imprisoned in a dark, dreary dungeon without sanitation, heat, or exercise equipment--elements that are a part of our American prisons...Paul followed his extraordinary declaration about having learned to be content in all circumstances with the secret of how (Philippians 4:13). This often-quoted verse is translated literally from the Greek as "I am able to face anything by the one who make me able [to do it]"...At all times, in all circumstances, Christ is able and willing to provide the strength we need to be content.  Contentment occurs when Christ's strength is infused into my weak body, soul, and spirit...He infuses contentment into us through His word.  As it seeps into our minds, it transforms us."
 -Linda Dillow (pp. 14-15 Calm My Anxious Heart) 



No comments:

Post a Comment