7.08.2011

I (sort of) made a cake...

So long story short, I made a cake! Well, actually me and the girls I have been babysitting made a cake together and I either helped with or watched each step so I feel like I may be able to make it on my own if I had to. (In addition to the delicious Oreo pie we made this week that I almost ruined the pudding while making.)This was a big deal for two reasons

1) I am notorious for being less than domesticated (they even told me so.)

2) This was the best cake ever...Why do you ask? It was rainbow!

My sister had made her own rainbow cake yesterday and when she sent a picture to us we decided we  wanted to make a cake too and thought why not make our own rainbow cake?

So we searched for "rainbow cake recipes" and this was the first one that popped up!
Click Here

We used traditional food coloring instead of the gel and we actually didn't have icing at the time so their mom got them some on the way home so I didn't actually get to help with the finishing touches. Although it did crack after we took it out of the oven and the blue and green kind of mixed into one color, I wanted to share some pictures because it is such a fun, simple, and yummy recipe.


"Can't touch this" 
My Mom didn't believe I had any part in baking  a cake. Here's the poof Mama. :)





 Bless their hearts, they were hungry!





"Finished" product.













Happy cake baking!

No comments:

Post a Comment