6.07.2011

Everything my soul searches for is in Christ

Over the course of the past few months, God has really been showing me the things I find fulfillment in when I should be completely satisfied with him. One of the biggest things I have come to realize by his grace is that I value material possessions far more than He ever designed me too. Through this process of Him showing me how my love for material things has prevented me from having a more intimate relationship with him, I have become less content with "buying that new pair of shoes." Even though I know that it will take some time (probably a very long time) for me to allow God to tear down my obsession with material things He has shown me along the way that He is the only source of true fulfillment.

The sermon that was given at the church I go to at school this past Sunday hit very hard on this topic. After listening to it, I feel that it is one of the most influential sermons I have ever heard and I invite you to check it out! http://vimeo.com/24695941  

"I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do all this through him who gives me strength. "
--Philippians 4:11-13

No comments:

Post a Comment