6.18.2011

D.C. - Day 2!

Knowing that Monday would be a "free day" in which Daddy and I didn't  have any meetings to go to, I was looking forward to a day in D.C. with my family to do whatever we wanted! We had heard that Georgetown was a really neat area so we decided we would  head that way. We were planning on taking the metro to the nearest station and then walk into Georgetown but to my surpirse, my mom said she wanted to take a big red double decker bus instead! She usually doesn't like the very "touristy" things so I was caught off guard but knew it would be fun. :)

On top of the double decker bus! We saw a few sights and made a couple of stops before we headed over to Georgetown...

The Capitol
 Jefferson Memorial
 Washington Monument
 Julia Child's kitchen! (American History Museum)
 Michelle Obama's Inaugural dress!
 Dorothy's Slippers!
 Waiting for our bus to come back!
 Location of Reagan's Assassination
 Washington Cathedral (6th largest cathedral inr the world!)
 British Embassy

 Seeing the embassies of all the different countries marked the end of our double decker bus trip! It was actually so much fun to see the sights of Washington from atop because the weather was perfect and there was a wonderful breeze! One of our family friends Landon drove up from Richmond and met us in Ge.orgetown It was so funny because we saw him before he saw us so we had to opportunity to make ourselves look like the tourists we were and yell his name from the top of the bus as he stood embarrassed on the side of street. haha. As soon as I got off the bus I had to find a clothing store (thankfully there were plenty) because my outfit had conveniently ripped on who knows what! After buying a new outfit we made our way over to Georgetown Cupcakes  (known as D.C. Cupcakes on the TLC show) hoping the line wouldn't be too long. Unfortunately the line was too long to wait but I peeked in the windows and there were PINK cupcake boxes everywhere! Instead of a cupcake we posed for a picture and made our way to another delicious cupcakery called "Sprinkles." Their cupcakes were amazing but unfortunately we weren't able to get a picture because both cameras died!  I got Red Velvet, again, as well as a sticker for my collection!
In front of Georgetown Cupcakes!

After walking around in Georgetown for a while, it was already time to start heading back to our hotel, charge up the cameras, and head to dinner. The plan was to take the Metro but it was exactly five o'clock and the overwhelming amounts of business men and women anxiously trying to make their ways home called for a taxi ride instead. Once we made it back to the hotel we turned right back around to hop on the metro and head to dinner. I was so excited because my discipleship leader (who I have mentioned several times in past blogs :) is interning in D.C. this summer and we were able to meet her for dinner! We ate at a really neat place called Matchbox. It was so great to be able to catch up with Grace and especially to be able to introduce her to my parents because of the impact she has had on my life. :) 
Grace, me, and Landon at Matchbox.

After our bellies were full, Landon headed back to Richmond and Grace, my family, and I walked some of our dinner off. Grace, Kateleigh, and I did a little bit of shopping at H & M. Maybe it's just me, but I feel like their stores in D.C  have much cuter things than the one in Raleigh! After a little shopping  it was back to walking but this time to get some frozen yogurt at TangySweet. I really didn't need another sweet treat after a cupcake and dinner earlier but I just couldn't pass down some frozen yogurt!


Unfortunately it was time to say good-bye to Grace so we walked her to her metro stop and then headed back to the hotel. It was sad having to say good-bye after only getting to hang out with her sweet self for just a couple hours but I definitely hope to visit her again soon!
After hanging out in the room for a while it was time for bed because Tuesday would be a full day on Capitol Hill!

No comments:

Post a Comment